Also available for download:
- Download PDF (requires Adobe Reader or Acrobat)
- Download XPS (viewable in Microsoft Word 2010+)
- View or download a plain text version
University Library, SUNY at Albany
- Multi-tasked at a busy reference desk, researching simple and complex questions for patrons of all types using library resources over email, virtual chat, the phone, or while in-person.
- Led staff training sessions and developed instructions over the library’s new chat and email interfaces.
- Investigated tiered reference staffing solutions at other libraries and analyzed strengths and weaknesses; reported findings to supervisor to strategize and plan the most efficient way of doing reference.
National Archives and Records Administration
- Produced blog articles, analytical reports, and presentations to highlight the success of the New IQ pilot program and further the goal of transforming it into a national initiative.
- Overhauled the Office of Diversity & Inclusion’s employee and public website pages, and careers page.
- Researched diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs at various federal agencies to report on ways to strengthen the National Archives’ existing office.
New York State Assembly
- Independently created legislative bill reports containing a bill’s history, updated organizational positions, and summarized amendments to keep the legislative director and Majority Leader informed. Throughout budget negotiations, I also kept a running chronology of all budgetary hearings and bill actions.
- Held meetings on behalf of the Majority Leader and transformed notes into summarized memos for his staff; some meetings led to changes to the state budget, including one with the NY Aviation Management Association where they managed to secure an additional $2 million for their Airport Improvement Program.
- Traversed tightly packed schedules and deadlines, attending committee meetings, and the legislative session. I also proactively took on extra responsibility to fill in the space of a missing team member and keep the office organized through a shared weekly bill database.